The CHE acknowledges that employees are the most critical asset of the organisation and major contributors to its strategic objectives. It is therefore vital that the employer should assist them to perform at their optimum level by promoting work life balance and providing access to an employee wellness programme. The CHE has partnership with Ergoways to manage Employee Wellness.
Impilo wellness guide
How to make use of the Impilo Wellness Programme Services
- Be a lifelong learner and your brain will thank you! When you increase your learning, you decrease the risk of developing memory-related problems. Performing tough tasks reinforce the neural connections that are important for preserving memory, and your grateful mind has a way of rising to the occasion. Challenge it and it will reward you!
- Watching your weight? Choosing your dining companions carefully: Friends influence the food choices you make when you dine out. It turns out that when groups of people eat together at a restaurant where they must state their food choice aloud, they tend to select items from the same menu categories.
- Plan to spend at least 50 percent of your time engaged in the thoughts, activities and conversations that produce most of your results.
- Resting from physical activity is as important as the activity itself! Whether it is active or non-active, rest is going to allow your body the proper amount of recovery to take on its next physical challenge. Active rest would be performing exercise with very low intensity (i.e. a runner goes for a walk). Non-active; taking 24-48 hours off from physical (i.e. taking time off from training a muscle group).
- Be thankful! It’s important to remind ourselves that the things we do each day are not burdens, they are opportunities. Be thankful for the work you do every day and enjoy it!